Noyes Family in the Mystic, Connecticut Area
Object ID:
Dickinson Collection
View of the front display window of the C.T. Noyes Dry Goods Co., located at 4 East Main St. at the corner of Cottrell St., ca 1930, b&w print.The STONINGTON CHRONOLOGY 1649 - 1949 notes E.B. Noyes opened the drygoods store on April 26, 1872. In May of 1881, his brother, G. Fred Noyes, and W.T.A. Brooks entered the business, and in 1883, Clarence T. Noyes joined his father. THE HISTORICAL AND INDUSTRIAL REVIEW OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT (1884) mentions that, "Dry goods, fancy goods, notions, and all the kindred articles for the convenience of the ladies are found here in all seasons." The store was still in business well into the late 1900's. It was located at several addresses, including the second Central Hall and the Gilbert Block on West Main St., before moving finally to 4 East Main. Mystical Toys of Mystic now occupies this space.
Click to Enlarge