Denison Family in the Mystic, Connecticut Area
Object ID:
1991.015.0257
Collection:
Downes, William A.
Scope & Content:
Typed pages related to a talk by William A. Downes and in order of his presentation:
* p. 1a: 1 copy of the William A. Downes talk on Porter's Rocks to MRHS, September 10, 1976. PERIOD 1976
* p. 1b: 1 copy (2 pages) of a transcription of the deed from David Collver to Capt. Daniel Denison, March 11, 1729. PERIOD 1729
* p. 2: 1 copy of a memo re the Meade House which was located south of Porter's Rocks.
* p. 3: 1 copy of a transcription of the deed from Robert Parke to Edward Culver of land at the head of the Mistick River, February 14, 1661. PERIOD 1661
* pp. 4, 5: 1 copy (2 pages) of a memo re the Porter's Rocks property.
* pp. 6,7: 1 copy of a transcription of the Will of Joseph Wells, October 21, 1711. PERIOD 1711
* pp. 8,9: 1 copy (2 pages) of a memo re the Joseph Wells house and property.
* pp. 10,11: 1 copy (2 pages of the transcription of the obituary from the Mystic Pioneer of Zipporah Wells, January 7, 1860. PERIOD 1860
* p. 12,13: 1 copy of the transcription of the Mystic Pioneer article "An Old Landmark is Gone," August 15, 1868, and a memo with notes of errors in the article. PERIOD 1868

1 news clipping and 1 photocopy of the clipping with notes, of the "An Old Landmark Gone" article, by Ira Hart Palmer, which refers to the earlier article noted above.

1 photocopy of p. 317 from an unidentified book of the page on Groton, with an illustration, re Porter's Rocks, with text describing Capt. John Mason's Army attack on the Pequot Indians, with a first hand account.







Title:
Porter's Rocks material.
Click to Enlarge
Image