Josephine Dickinson Photography of the Mystic, Connecticut Area
Object ID:
1983.001.0561
Collection:
Dickinson
Description:
View of #193 High St., originally built by Capt. William Clift (1838). Captain Clift (1805-1845) commanded at various times the "Hudson", "Florida", Elizabeth", "Samson", and "A.T. Ward". The house is a Greek Revival, with later Victorian additions. The house stayed in the Clift family until 1918. In 1939, the owner, Abbie L. Phillips, deeded the property to The Mystic Home, Inc., a foundation to provide homes for indigent people. In 1976, the house was run by Noank Baptist Group Homes, Inc. and became living quarters for teenage girls. (For more information, see the Property Files, drawer #3.)
Photographer:
Dickinson, M. Josephine
Place:
Mystic/High St.
Click to Enlarge
Image