Josephine Dickinson Photography of the Mystic, Connecticut Area
Object ID:
1983.001.0513
Collection:
Dickinson
Description:
East side view of the Denison Homestead (1717), also called Pequotsepos Manor, taken ca. 1925. The Homestead was built by Capt. George Denison at the time of his marriage to Lucy Gallup. In the 1920's the house was owned by Anne Denison Gates (1866-1941), wife of Stanton Gates (18?-1920). The house is now a museum of American history, covering colonial and post revolution times up into the first half of the 20th century. See http://www.denisonhomestead.org.
Photographer:
Dickinson, M. Josephine
Place:
Mystic/Pequotsepos Rd.
Click to Enlarge
Image