Josephine Dickinson Photography of the Mystic, Connecticut Area
Object ID:
1983.001.0307
Collection:
Dickinson Collection
Description:
View of East Main Street at Cottrell Street and Holmes Street, looking east, Mystic, CT, ca. 1925. Hotel Mystic, built in 1860 by Benjamin F. Hoxie, was called the Hoxie House until 1924. The white pole, far left, is the Liberty Flagpole. The white band on the utility pole indicates a trolley or bus stop. Trolley service was replaced by bus service in 1928.
Photographer:
Dickinson, M. Josephine
Place:
Mystic/East Main St.
Click to Enlarge
Image